Guide for Residential Curbside Services
WEEKLY CURBSIDE SERVICE
All garbage, recycling and yardwaste equipment and service is included in one monthly rate. Your rate is determined by the size of your garbage cart. Please call 255-5200 for more info or to sign up for service. Click here for payment options.
Select a size of gray cart for weekly collection – 20 (city only), 35, 65, or 95 gallon. The 95 gallon cart is twice as expensive as the 35 gallon cart. You’ll save by reducing your waste.
Click here for the new City of Napa (NRWS) residential rates (as of July 1, 2011)
For more information on the City of Napa's 3-year rate schedule (approved June 2009), click here.
Our customers are entitled to up to two (NRWS) or four (NCRWS) brown yardwaste carts at no charge. Additional carts are available for a small charge.
Yardwaste consists of grass clippings, leaves, brush, garden prunings, flowers, wreaths, pumpkins & other vegetables/fruit from your yard, manure & animal bedding and branches 6” diameter or smaller.
Please no rocks, dirt, cat or dog waste or painted wood. Loose items outside the cart cannot be picked-up and only company-owned containers will be serviced. You may also stop by our Napa office to pick up one box of compostable bags for extra yardwaste. Please call ahead for extra pickup on your regular service day (up to two times per year).
Food composting dropoff is available for NCRWS customers at the Lincoln and Levitin offices - click here for info.
Recycling is free with your garbage service. Select a 95, 65, or 35 (NRWS only) gallon blue cart for mixed recycling (up to 2 carts free). Put all recyclables (paper, bottles, cans, plastic, metals, etc.) together. Please remember to flatten boxes, rinse & empty containers, and keep recyclables loose (avoid plastic bags, string or tape). For a complete list of acceptable items – click here or look in your phone book’s “Recycle Guide.”
- All carts have wheels for your convenience.
- All curbside services are available weekly.
- Items outside the cart will not be picked-up unless you call ahead (fees apply for extra garbage - see below).
- Only company-owned containers will be serviced.
- Please no hazardous wastes such as automotive fluids, pesticides and fertilizers, paint products, cleaners, batteries, etc. For safe and legal disposal of hazardous waste call: 1-800-984-9661 (Open every Friday & Saturday).
- All carts must be placed roadside before 6:00am the day of your service.
- For highest efficiency, put your carts out for service only when they are full.
- Place your carts two feet apart and 4-6 feet from any obstruction, such as cars, mailboxes, or basketball hoops, so the collection truck can easily approach the cart.
Place the cart so the lid opens toward the street and the handle is away from the street.
EXTRA PICKUP OF TRASH OR RECYCLING
On occasion you may have more trash or recycling than can fit in your carts. We provide extra trash pickup for a small charge per 35 gallons (approx. 3 kitchen bags). There is no charge for extra recycling. Extra trash or recycling will only be picked up with your carts on your regular service day. You MUST call ahead for either service. See above for extra yardwaste options.
CURBSIDE OIL RECYCLING
Do you work on your own car? Join our CONVENIENT, EASY & FREE curbside used motor oil recycling program!
1) Call 255-5200 to sign up for the free curbside pick-up program & to receive a NRWS/NCRWS free oil recycling container and oil filter bag.
2) Pickup will be on your regular collection day. When you are ready for a pickup, please call 255-5200 (at least one business day before your normal service collection day) so the drivers will look for your oil container set next to your recycling cart.
NCRWS: One container/filter per week maximum. NRWS: Two containers/filters per week maximum. Please drain your oil filter for 24-hours before recycling.
3) You will receive a replacement recycling container for your next oil change.
E-WASTE, TIRE, AND BULKY ITEM PICKUP
NRWS/NCRWS will pick up used tires, e-waste (TVs, computers, microwaves, etc.), and bulky items curbside on your service day. Fees apply and pickups must be scheduled in advance…call 255-5200 for details.
MEDICAL EXCUSE / BACKYARD PICKUP
If (for medical reasons) no one in your household is able to place the carts at the curb, NRWS/NCRWS will collect the carts from your backyard at no charge. A medical note from a physician must be filed annually with NRWS/NCRWS for this service.
BEYOND THE STREET PICKUP
If you’re unable to place your carts at the street curb (example: for long driveways) NRWS/NCRWS will drive to the point of pickup for an extra charge that depends on the distance from the street. Call for rates.
BOXES FOR LARGER PROJECTS – Are you taking out a patio, building a fence, overhauling your backyard, or doing a remodel? Click here for details.
Special events provide a great opportunity to recycle…do you wonder why it is missing at so many events?
What happens to your recyclables and yardwaste after you put them in your curbside carts?
Napa is in the forefront of recycling and our customers are largely responsible for that. We invite your organization, business, or school to take a tour and see our recycling and composting facility first-hand. We are also available for presentations about the economic and environmental benefits of recycling – we’ll modify our presentation to make it age appropriate.
REDUCE, REUSE & RECYCLE GUIDE FOR NAPA COUNTY
Explore the “green” in your phone book yellow pages.
Look under “Recycling” for this comprehensive guide about recycling programs, workshops, rebate incentives, donation alternatives and proper disposal of hazardous wastes. All of this info is also available here.